DENPASAR, Indonesia – Tribute Portfolio, a collection of aspirational independent hotels and resorts from Marriott International, Inc., announced its debut in Bali with the opening of Sthala, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Ubud Bali. Owned by PT. Anugrah Anadya Nirmana, Sthala marks the brand’s first new build property to open, only one and a half years following launch. Situated in the heart of Bali’s sought-after Ubud district, with service and design that nod to traditional Balinese touches, Sthala is a direct answer to loyalty guest members’ desires for more access to hotel choices in Indonesia’s most popular island destination.
“Tribute Portfolio is a brand built by and for our loyalty members,” said Brian Povinelli, Global Brand Leader for Tribute Portfolio Hotels & Resorts. “At the time of the brand’s inception, members expressed the desire for more access to independent hotels in locations like Bali, especially in indie neighborhoods such as Ubud. We are thrilled to deliver on that ask and provide our guests with an independent hotel as distinct as Sthala.”
Tribute Portfolio Arrives in Bali
Perched on a hilltop among the tropical landscape in Lodtunduh, Ubud, Sthala offers stunning ridge views of the steep Wos River valley. Featuring 143 rooms and suites, this new upscale hotel encompasses a design narrative that focuses on traditional Balinese elements, while blending seamlessly with the natural surroundings of the picturesque location.
Sthala provides a range of distinctive dining venues for guests to explore and enjoy. The Naga Rooftop Bar & Lounge features an airy atmosphere with ample natural light, as well as majestic valley and river views. Sungai Restaurant is an all-day dining experience that offers Asian cuisine with Balinese touches, as well as a range of Western dishes. Alternatively, guests can enjoy the Panorama Pool and Sundeck Lounge, which serves cool cocktails and light bites set against the unforgettable backdrop of the Wos River and forest.
Guests can enjoy a myriad of facilities ranging from a fitness centre and spa, to a wide selection of guest activities, such as yoga on the dedicated yoga deck. Additionally, Ubud offers a truly diverse experience, from wellness and nature to art and culture, all within easy access of the hotel. Sthala, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Ubud Bali also features nearly 400 square meters of function space, ideal for intimate weddings and professional meetings in a truly remarkable lush setting.
“I am thrilled to bring the Tribute Portfolio brand to Bali with the opening of Sthala,” said Mr James Costa, General Manager, Sthala, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Ubud Bali. “We look forward to welcoming guests with our signature authentic Balinese hospitality only found here on the ‘Island of Gods,’ allowing them to seek independent experiences while at the same time enjoying the benefits of Marriott International’s loyalty programs.”
Independent by Nature
As with all Tribute Portfolio properties, Sthala, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Ubud Bali features a selection of #independentmoments: distinct design touches and experiences found at each Tribute Portfolio hotel and resort that illustrate what guests love about “staying independent.” These socially-sourced vignettes extend beyond the typical hotel brochure to highlight the secret spots, must-sees and can’t-miss experiences at each Tribute Portfolio property. Guests are also encouraged to share their own #independentmoments throughout their stay at the hotel. The #independentmoments for Sthala Ubud Bali include:
- Bebek Semudera – A twist on one of the Ubud region’s signature dishes, Bebek Semudera is more than just a meal, it’s an experience. Prepared by Chef Wayan Semudera, this tender, juicy duck is cooked ever-so slowly and is best enjoyed at the Sungai Restaurant while taking in the stunning scenery.
- Dragon Wood Carving – A traditional Indonesian symbol of power, strength and good fortune, the dragon wood carvings at the hotel were created by local Balinese craftsmen
- Signature Wos Breeze Cocktail – Beat the Bali heat with the Woss Breeze, which blends local ingredients including rum, lime, red chili, lemongrass, ginger, and fresh mint into a refreshing libation.
- Wos River – Embrace the true essence of the jungle with the perfect view of the Wos River from the Panorama Pool and Sundeck Lounge.
- Stone Carvings – Situated at the epicenter of culture in Ubud, the hotel features three stone carvings of Trimurti – the trinity of supreme divinity in Hinduism which represents the three manifestations of God (Brahma, Wisnu, and Siwa).
- Tegel Tiles – With diverse colors and patterns, the classic vintage and retro tiles in the Naga Rooftop Bar & Lounge are the perfect design surprise when looking down.
- Bamboo Woven Chair – Take a moment to sit back and enjoy the serenity of the surroundings; located in the Naga Rooftop Bar & Lounge, the bamboo woven chair is a wonderful location to unwind.
Continued International Growth
Expanding the opportunity for owners, loyalty members, and guests alike to Stay Independent, Tribute Portfolio recently announced continued growth within the United States, adding independent, upper-upscale hotels and resorts in Tampa, FL; Denver, CO; San Diego, CA; St. Louis and Houston, TX to the collection. The brand also recently announced an expanded global presence, with a new property in Singapore. Firmly anchored in the high-end category, Tribute Portfolio allows owners to maintain their independent spirit, while benefiting from Marriott’s powerful distribution, loyalty and sales platforms.